An oil change can a task when there are so many aspects that need to be taken care of. The most appropriate time to change, how frequently it should be changed, and the right type of oil are a few things that matter. Here is a list of considerations that you want to ponder over before getting oil change specials.
- Inspect oil levels: It is advisable to keep a check on the oil level by reviewing it once every month. Even new vehicles should be checked from time to time to keep them in good health. Early detection of an oil leak, change in oil color or reduction in oil level is helpful for taking necessary steps in advance. These aspects can point towards other issues in the vehicle such as leakage of coolants and damage to the engine.
- Oil change intervals: Various drivers suggest different intervals within which oil should be changed, such as once in three months or once in six months. Note that while excessive use of the vehicle causes a need for a regular oil change, not using the engine for a considerable period of time also makes the oil less efficacious.
Today, vehicles are equipped with a system that notifies the driver when the oil needs to be changed. To encourage drivers to get the oil changed regularly, a large number of companies offer oil change specials. These are designed in a manner that increases the rate of walk-in customers and lets them get their cars serviced without hesitation. In case you are looking for oil change specials, opt from the following options offered by different brands.
- Firestone: You can avail $15 off on standard oil change and $10 off on synthetic blend oil change if the payment is made via Visa® prepaid card. Full synthetic oil can be changed at $15 off again if paid by a Visa® card. At Firestone, while getting the oil changed, one can also get a set of tires at a discounted price. For example, four Bridgestone tires are available at $50 off. Similarly, four Firestone Destination tires are available at $40 off. Firestone FR710 can be purchased at a discount of 10%.
- Jiffy Lube®: It is one of the most prominent brands that offer oil change specials. One can get a discount of $5 on their signature oil change service. The company has tied up with Shell and offers Platinum and Fleet cards for their regular customers. Oil change specials are available according to the user’s location and nearest Jiffy Lube® vendor.
- Midas: A massive $20 off can be availed on a conventional oil change. Moreover, on hiring services worth $100, $200 and $300, straightaway a $10, $20 and $30 discount is provided respectively. Specials for wheel alignment and brake services are also offered by Midas.
Therefore, do not delay the process of getting your vehicle’s oil changed since it can harm your engine in the long run and a damaged engine can prove to be very costly. At times, automobile companies make it easier for their customers to get their vehicles serviced by offering oil change services at discounted prices so that customers don’t have to look for oil change specials elsewhere. They can simply schedule an appointment and visit the service center to get their cars back in order.